Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hope Floats!!











We have been busy since I last wrote. Hope's cousins, Sarah and Christina, came up last weekend and we went to the San Marcos outlet mall and did a little shopping. It was hot, but the stores were nice and cool (and very crowded!!). After shopping, we toured the campus so Christina could see Texas State University as it is a consideration for her!! YEAH!!
Yesterday Hope, Granny, Aunt Janet, Austin, Emily, Reed and I went to SPLASHWAY Waterpark and had a great day!! The weather was a little overcast, so it wasn't too hot and it wasn't very crowded at all! We all had a great time!! I don't know who had more fun, me or the kids!! I LOVE waterparks!! When we got there, we put Hope in her float and she jumped around... it was like her Jumperoo at home, only in water!! Then she spent some time playing in the water with Granny. This was her first time to put on her swimsuit and be in a pool and she loved it!! She takes baths with me everyday and plays with her little rubber duckies and splashes around, but this was different... this was much more fun!! There were so many sights and sounds and she just soaked it all in! She took a few short power naps and when she wasn't in the water, Granny had her by the lazy river watching everyone float by. Austin, Emily, Reed and I rode a few rides and floated the river and spent some time in the wave pool. All the kids are great swimmers. Reed was so cute, he would swim and then when he was tired of swimming he would "bounce" to keep his head above water! Austin, Emily and I would sit on top of the tubes in wave pool and try not (or maybe we did try to) flip the other off the tube. Hope was Amazing all day. Not a single cry out of her until we were on our way home and she was fighting sleep. We had a funfilled day and we were both exhausted. We couldn't have asked for a better day! I can't wait to do this again next year when she is a little older and can do more!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a fun time! Looks like y'all had a blast! I have been wondering if Splashway had an area for itty bitty ones, I will have to take Ella now that I know.
And you're one hot momma in that bikini!