Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rocky Creek - Saturday, November 28th

Saturday, Granny and I took Hope, Emily and Reed to Rocky Creek... it is very much like Dewberry Farms just on a smaller scale. When we got there, the kids immediately went to the huge slide. Emily helped Hope climb up the steep hay bales to the top and they slid down together and then Hope slid down by herself the rest of the time. She isn't afraid of anything and she absolutely LOVES any slide!! Then the kids went thru this little hay maze. Shortly after they enter the maze, Emily walks out and says... "look what Hope found" and hands me thirty dollars! Apparently Emily and Reed walked right passed it, but Hope found it and picked it up and said "money". (I tried to turn it in, but the owner said no one had mentioned losing any money and she felt it was "finders keepers", so I gave Granny $20 and kept $10 and we all got in free that day!) After that, we decided to go thru the corn maze, which took about 20 minutes or so. Hope got to see what corn looks like as it grows. Then we rode on a another tubular slide and tried to catch butterflies in the Zennia garden. Then we went on a hayride thru the farm, a train ride and milked a wooden cow. Hope and I left a little early as it was way past nap time and I could tell she was getting tired. We had a nice time and will definitely be back again next year!













Hope has a finally learned how to sign "I love you!" She was having the hardest time getting her fingers to go where they were supposed to, but she has it now! She is always telling us "Love you" and showing her "I love you sign". It melts our hearts everytime!! Here is Hope and Reed sending their love my way!

No comments: